Sunday, July 5, 2009

Students and friends.

At a preschool in Yoron, we were "sensei" to the most adorable 3- to 5-year-olds. We taught there for about an hour each day to help enhance their English lessons. They are so sharp. And well-behaved.


And did I mention adorable?


We got to participate in playtime, too. Apparently kids luh-huvv playing London Bridge:



They got so excited, they started jumping up and down, screaming for more. It became exhausting. But I simply loved it.

We also gave English lessons daily at city hall. At the same time, we got to practice our Japanese. Too bad my Japanese is still terrible! But, I tried.


Junko and her four kids befriended us. Her eldest daughter Aoi is missing from the picture (in case you thought I was pretending to be one of her kids). They even joined us for our last karaoke hurrah (photos of that at another time).


Here are Izumi-sensei, Mr. Noda and Ikeda-sensei -- Izumi-sensei's 1st grade teacher!


And Namiko-san -- she worked at Pricia Hotel, where we stayed. I helped her with the English version of Pricia's brochure, and she helped me with my Japanese. And said funny things. And laughed at me when I freaked out when a gigantor spider was discovered in the Internet lab. I'll miss her!


Finally, this is the best restaurant in Yoron. We became regulars. I'll blog about the actual stuff I ate there on Food Blahg at a later time. Please trust that it was delicious. Update: here it is, in all its delicious glory.

No comments: