Sunday, June 14, 2009

Okinawa.

We took a plane from Haneda, Tokyo to Naha, Okinawa. It is super humid there and reminded me of Indonesia.

Okinawa is a whole 'nother side of Japan -- one that is tropical and even has Mexican influences (i.e. "taco rice").

More photos and commentary on Food Blahg here.

After one night there, we took a giant ferry out to Yoron Island. It took freakin' 5 hours. And it rocked, and not in a good way. In a very seasicky way.

I stayed on top of the boat for half of it, and went down to take a nap for the second half, after my Dramamine kicked in.


But not before I saw this:


Yes, it seems like just a bunch of water and sky, but look closely. It looks like we're nearing the edge of the world. Kind of mysterious and cool-looking, if you ask me.

No comments: