Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ikebukuro to Kyoto.

Only my second post in Japan and I'm behind on this blog.

We moved from Ikebukuro in Tokyo to Kyoto on the second day. I had not anticipated dragging around 40 pounds of luggage up and down flights of stairs, otherwise, I might have tried to pack lighter. Sensei would probably say, "I told you so."

It was all for this shiny little "JR Pass" that was needed to get on the Shinkansen -- the "bullet train" that took us from Tokyo to Kyoto.



Once I got on the train I was so exhausted I slept the entire way to Kyoto and apparently missed Mt. Fuji.

*Insert non-existent picture of Mt. Fuji.*

Boo.

More to come soon. I left my plug converter at the hotel in Ikebukuro and need to find some way to plug in to charge my laptop.

P.S. I stopped by a couple local bakeries at Tokyo Station. See them here.

1 comment:

mau said...

i totarry thought that said "batteries." and then i went to your food blog and read the post and i was like, these are batteries...