Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm in Japan!

Booyah!


Quick recap of the first day:

The flight was a long 10 hours, but I slept for about 6 of those. The time transition shouldn't be too bad.


My kind of airplane food.

My classmate/friend Victor and I waiting for our bus to arrive at Narita International Airport in Tokyo.

The bus took us to our hotel in the Ikebukuro district in Tokyo. It's past 10 p.m. and the streets are still bustlin'. Love it.

The soft drink vending machines. I felt reeeally touristy taking this photo:

And AH so cute!

No, I did not play this crane machine game -- I just oohed and ahhed. This should come as a relief to some of you.

We also visited a konbini (convenience store) near our hotel, where I picked up a corn bun and some fizzy lemon drink. I was also going to order some yakitori at a food stand nearby, but I'm embarassed to say I chickened out right before ordering because I realized I had no idea what I was doing and ohmygodi'mactuallyinjapan.

Tomorrow we move to Kyoto -- we'll head back to Tokyo after a few days there. I'm off to bed (it's past midnight here).

5 comments:

MAU said...

NIZIIIIIIIIII OMGGGGGGGGG YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Cha said...

AHHHHHHH hiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!

Mari said...

Wow you're actually there!! So jealous/excited for you! Bring us back cute junk!!

Mari said...

Oh and btw BEYOND impressed with how light you packed.

Unknown said...

oohhhhh! sounds like you're having fun already!! love the pictures!